Monday, August 6, 2012

Learning to Love Mondays

So there are not many people who truly look forward to Monday mornings, but over the past few weeks I have found myself feeling quite relieved when Monday morning rolls around.  First of all, Kinley and Cooper's birthday was on a Monday, so every Monday marks another week, which means today they are 2 weeks old!  Second, the Medical Center and the hospital are a little too still and quiet for me during the weekend, and while I don't love the traffic, I much prefer the hustle and bustle that Monday mornings and other weekdays bring with them!

As for the twins:

Kinley is in the process of increasing her feeds and trying to catch up with her brother.  She is up to 100 mLs per day (Cooper is at 150), and other than a little spit up is tolerating them well.  She continues to have a few As and Bs each day but they resolve quickly and on their own most of the time.  She is still on CPAP and is doing well at 21 percent oxygen, which is right where we want her!  As long as she stays the same and continues to tolerate her feeds, she will probably not have another ultrasound of her heart for another week or two.  

Cooper is also doing well and now is just maintaining his amount of feeds at 150 mLs per day.  I got to hold him for the first time on Saturday while Brian got to hold Kinley for the first time.  I held him again this afternoon and he did great both times!  He will also remain on his CPAP at 21% oxygen for another few weeks until his lungs mature a little bit more.  He also has had a few As and Bs but they have also mostly taken care of themselves and his heart rate comes back up pretty quickly.  

As I hope you can tell, all of your prayers are working so please keep them up!  Brian occasionally has to remind me that this is a marathon and not a sprint, but so far Kinley and Cooper (and most of the time me and Brian) seem to be keeping pace.  



No comments:

Post a Comment